Thursday, September 17, 2020

美的呈现:英文诗歌创作比赛02

 The Best Three Poems
● Choh Yong Bin  (S3 Adelaide)  My Hair
● Lew Xin Yun  (S2 Adelaide)  Upon When the Parasites Fled
● Tiew Zhi Qin  (S1 Chicago)  Twenty Twenty


Consolation Prize Winners
● Lewis Chong Li Wei  (S3 Canberra)   The End
● Nicole Leong Mei Hui  (S1 Wellington)   The Wind
● Lim Yu Yan  (J3 Washington)  Daily Routine
● Chew Kai Yuan  (S3 Adelaide)  The Meadow
● Chai Chu Xun  (S3 Melbourne)   Plague
● Poh Jia Jun  (S3 Canberra)   An Exclusive World
● Lee Yi Yang  (J1 Dublin)  My Superhero


● My Hair(Choh Yong Bin , S3 Adelaide)
Ever since the plague begun, 
My hair became long and overrun, 
For each day that passes it grows even longer,
And soon my eyes and ears it covers,
When I wake in the morning it looks like a nest,
Where birds of all feathers return to rest,
Standing in the shower I look like a ghost,
And with my long hair I look scarier than most,
When I sleep at night I always feel hot,
Like sleeping on a heater of thousands of kilowatts,
It grew so long it twists and turns,
I’m sure down there it’s become caves and caverns,
Alas it appears the lockdown has come to an end,
Opened were the hair salons that once were banned,
In a few weeks I shall return to school,
Without my long hair to help me look cool,
Not long in the future I must shed my silky mane,
Cursed are the school rules that bind me like chains,
The day I dread comes ever near,
Down my spine it sends shivers of fear.

● Upon When The Parasites Fled (Lew Xin Yun, S2 Adelaide)
Utilize whatever he gives you
Entrust him with no soul
As I am sure whatever you hold
Is nothing but your own
By far, not thus far wonder
Pleasing thoughts and desires
You beg him
With hands nowhere near on earth
But weighing on one’s whose are
And parched lips so near to a shell which flinches
To which you’ve no ounce of doubt only reaction’s to perk
Yet then again, when has there ever been?
For, you stole stilts of plenty
And you avail oneself of it no more
For, once were jeopardised, are now carved
Forgotten shells echo
For, stilts of many flew you to masochists’ streams
So you now remain starving, you just sit stoney, embroidered
With splinters and smiles of many
A leech who saw no salt in the wound

● Twenty Twenty(Tiew Zhi Qin, S1 Chicago )
2020 is near, as the crowd start to cheer,
Everyone is here, excited for the new year.
Little do they know, the incidents that appear,
Would take away their smiles, exchanging them with fear.

Bushfires in Australia, started to threaten,
Billions of animals killed, no one knew this would happen.
From insects to reptiles, from kangaroos to koalas,
Animals lost their home, and even lost their mamas.

Later on the 26th, a helicopter crashed,
Kobe and Gigi, disappeared forever in a flash.
Serious locust attacks, crops are destroyed,
People are devastated, and some are annoyed.
Things got worse, covid-19 started to spread,
More than eight million cases, almost half a million are dead.
We can't go to school, neither the park nor the gym,
Even if we miss our friends, we still have to quarantine.

Innocent Floyd gets killed, social unrest explodes,
People are furious, and protests are spreading across the globe.
Racial inequality, woman and man,
When will the nightmare of 2020 come to an end ?


No comments:

Post a Comment