Sunday, May 1, 2011

Elocution Contest


高初中英语演讲比赛分别于3月1日及2月22日圆满落幕。共有18名参赛同学成功晋级决赛圈,每一级共选出冠、亚、季军,以及安慰奖3名。


郑慧伶(S2ACY) 报导
On the 1st of March, the Elocution Competition for the senior final-round was held in the assembly hall while the junior’s final-round was held a week before on the 22nd of February. The purpose of this competition was to encourage student to improve their oral English and to have the opportunity to work on their presentation and public skills on the stage. The 18 finalists were short-listed by the judges from among all the participants in the preliminary round which was held earlier before the finals, on the 16th of February. Three winners were chosen for the first three places and three consolation prizes were also given at the end of the competition. All in all, the Elocution Competition was a great motivation for the students in challenging themselves to do their best in the area of professional public speaking and oratory skills.

Thank You Teacher
Ng Yi Le (S2 Athens)
A big “Thank You” I must say to those who have given me encouragement and advice which I really needed along the way. I also appreciate those who pointed out my weaknesses, which helped in achieving my goal especially Ms.Malini, who spared some of her time to help me as well. There are really no words to describe the feeling of being on the stage. You’ll only know it when you try it out yourself. The result doesn’t really matters. What’s important is that you try the best you can and enjoy all through the way.

Good Experience
Teh Yi Shyuan (J2Adelaide)

I just couldn't believe that I had won the first prize in the competition. Actually, there were other participants who were better than me, especially Jason. Anyway, I hope the other participants were not too disappointed. All of us have gained a very good experience from this competition. Frankly speaking, I'm already looking forward to next year's elocution contest.

Proud and satisfied
Chieng Herng Ee (J1 Adelaide)


I am so proud and satisfied with my result. Moreover, I will improve my skill and try harder next time to have a better performance. My hope is to have a great speech just like US President Barack Obama.