Friday, October 19, 2018

6th Selangor and Kuala Lumpur Inter-Schools English Forum 2018 02

Derek Yuen Yee Jun (S2 Washington)
      I was honoured to be able to represent our school to participate in this forum competition.  There were a lot of obstacles along the way when we were preparing for the competition, but I believe it was exactly this reason why our forum presentation was able to shine. Through all the struggles we had faced, through all the practices we had done, through all the times we had shared and we had laughed, we created a strong bond that cemented our presentation. It was this friendship that allowed us to fill in the gaps, and create something special. And all of these could never be achieved without my team. I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting us on our journey, and to me, this will surely be one of my most memorable moments in high school.

      To all my fellow teammates, thank you, for you guys have surpassed my every expectation and together construct a memory that I will forever cherish. Singing songs might not be part of our scheduled practices, but it worked to our advantage as to create our special “chemistry”. I am proud of you all, and I am glad that I was able to join all of you in this year’s forum. 

Kam Sue Herng (S2 Washington) 
      Looking back at the pictures we took during the competition, I can say that this competition is really an unforgettable one for me. Honestly, it is not just because of winning the competition, but also having the chance to make connections with all the talented speakers from different schools and discover new things. Every team performed really well and I was actually quite amazed at how outgoing and supportive they were, especially representatives from Kwang Hua High School. Oh, I really miss the bonding sessions!  Anyway, being able to be the champion, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to my dearest teammates who were always having my back. Thank you for all the help and care throughout the whole competition. Without all of you, I’m absolutely nothing. I do hope for more collaborations with all of you in the future !

Bernard Siow Terng Fong (S1 Adelaide)
      While there are a lot of things that I can say about this competition, the number one thing I want to say is that it's not always about the results (although it is most of the time), it's also about the fun. Which would be surprising, because when most people think of a forum, they think of a boring team-speech. This is not always the case, however, if you learn to have fun. For us, it wasn't just the satisfaction of winning, it was also the happiness we got when we were jamming acapella instead of practicing, then laughing when we realised other students outside were staring at us. It's also the happiness of meeting friends of other schools (which we're still good friends with), and just overall enjoying the chemistry and having fun as a forum team. So, thanks to everyone in the team; without any of you, none of this would have happened, and a lot of memories would have been missed. 

Lim Jia Sheng, Joshua (S1 Adelaide)
      Beginner’s luck? Maybe, but nevertheless I am extremely grateful to Mdm. Boo for allowing me to join this team. It was overwhelming to achieve what we achieved; not that we had dismissed the possibility altogether, but we just did not expect to perform so well! I, for one, could never answer any of the Q & A questions properly without muttering nonsense and making weak conclusions. My teammates were extremely supportive and encouraged me in spite of this. Turned out that I managed to answer quite well, and even managed to make the judges laugh! Thanks, guys! We owe our win to the support of the ELC teachers, we owe our good performance to the strong comradeship among us teammates, and we owe our glory to God.

Pang May Chih (S2 Melbourne)
      As a reserve for the team, I felt extremely grateful to be working with them throughout the forum preparation. It was a tiring process, with many script changes and problems that we stumbled upon one after another, yet we managed to pull through. My sincere thanks to ELC, for providing us with the space and freedom to approach the forum. It was an extremely enlightening experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment