Friday, May 31, 2024

ELC Reading Club#14 The Girl Who Drank the Moon ‘A mesmerising journey through an enchanted world of magic’ 02



Khaw Hui Wen ( S2 Ottawa )

        Hosting this reading club is a whole new experience for me and I was quite nervous at first because there were more than 200 participants. Thankfully, they were quite responsive and supportive throughout the entire session. The atmosphere was quite lively and I gradually felt more relaxed and comfortable when speaking. This is definitely an experience to remember.

Pang Chee Xuan ( S2 Ottawa )

       When we were preparing for the reading club, I was actually not very nervous. I think that the only challenge for me was controlling the slides while presenting as I had to be very familiar with the content of the presentation and know the exact time of when to move on to the next slide. I was happy to see that the audience responded actively and I truly  enjoyed myself while chatting and discussing with them. This is a unique experience and a chance to improve my skills of giving impromptu speeches. I will definitely grab the chance to join another reading club  in the future.

Lim Zhi Yhi (  S2 Ottawa )

        Initially, I wasn’t keen on chairing the reading club as I was quite shy and introverted. I had not presented in front of a big crowd before either. However, my S1 English teacher, Miss Tina, encouraged me to take up this task. During the preparation of the reading club, I was quite relaxed but I began to feel very anxious on the day of the presentation, but my friends gave me a lot of emotional support. Being able to speak in front of 200 students really boosted my confidence and I hope I can do it again in the future. 

Teah Rui Harn (  S2 Ottawa )

       Hosting the reading club is a good opportunity to improve my English and a new experience for me as well. I enjoyed the entire preparation and reading session. On the day of the reading club, I did feel anxious but excited at the same time. Fortunately, everything went smoothly. Lastly, I would like to thank my teachers and teammates who helped me during the entire preparation and also others for joining and giving us active responses.

Sia Eu Gene ( S2 Adelaide )

        This is the very first time I am involved in the Hin Hua High School’s English Reading Club. I knew my friends, Chee Xuan and Rui Harn were presenting and I immediately signed up to show them my support. I truly enjoyed myself during the session and I could feel their effort and hard work in making this reading club a success. They really did a great job. Also, I appreciate ELC for organising a variety of meaningful English activities like English Week, writing competition and so forth. I bet I will become a regular visitor of the English Reading Club in future.

Yeap Joe Cheng ( S2 Adelaide )

        First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to the English Language Centre for organising this wonderful reading club. At first I was a little hesitant, but after reviewing the book, I changed my mind. I attended this reading club to learn more about the book and to support my friends, Rui Harn and Chee Xuan. The way the hosts presented the story made me feel as if I was embarking on a magical adventure with them. Overall, this reading club was very rewarding and fun, it was truly an invaluable experience for me.


Khong Onn Kei ( S2 Adelaide )

        It was my first time attending the ELC Reading Club and surprisingly it was a delightful experience that surpassed my expectations. The format of the session was well-structured, starting with a brief introduction by the students who were in charge. One aspect that stood out during the session was the participants’ engagement and active participation. Despite the virtual setting, each participant had the opportunity to share their thoughts and reflections about the book. Moreover, the speakers skilfully facilitated the conversation, ensuring that everyone had a chance to contribute and that the discussion remained focused yet open to new insights. The atmosphere was also inclusive and welcoming, encouraging even shy participants to share their thoughts through the Zoom chat without hesitation. Overall, my experience with this book reading club was fun and incredibly positive. It not only deepened my appreciation for the book we read but also reminded me of the power of shared reading experiences with fellow book readers.


兴华月报2024年3月号
https://www.hinhua.edu.my/ebook/2403hinhuamonthly/mobile/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment